Family Camp 2020
Back to the Simple Life
Camp Danbee and Camp Mah-Kee-Nac are excited to be offering Family Camp this summer! Spending time in The Berkshires and on camp is the perfect way to enjoy the comfort and peace of the outdoors. Relaxing on Lake Ashmere, waterskiing, swimming and boating, family games of tennis, basketball, arts and crafts, hiking, campfires and special evening activities are sure to give families memories that will last forever. After months spent inside during the COVID-19 Pandemic a little bit of camp spirit will help families slowly and comfortably emerge from their homes and reenter society!
More details below on Family Camp specific information including COVID-19 procedures while at camp.
We are offering the following Family Camp sessions, subject to availability and interest. Families can plan to check in at 2:00pm on Wednesday and check out by 11:00am on Sunday.
- Wed, July 15- Sun, July 19
- Wed, July 22– Sun, July 26
- Wed, July 29 – Sun, August 2
- Wed, August 5 – Sun, August 9
- Wed, August 12- Sun, August 16
$3,000 Cabin Rental for 4 Guests
+ $350 for any additional person per cabin
- Canoeing, kayaking, standup paddleboard, sailing
- Swimming Pool
- Nature & Hiking
- Arts and Crafts
- Tie Dye
- Nighttime Campfires
- Evening Activities
Learn more about Family Camp
What are the accomodations like at Family Camp?
- Danbee cabins are spacious and provide ample living space for families. Each Danbee bunk includes private stall showers and bathrooms.
- Each cabin will be stocked with enough toilet paper, hand soap, and paper towels to last for a full Family Camp stay so that cleaning staff is not in and out during the stay
- Bunks will be provided with the necessary cleaning supplies to keep family cabins clean and sanitary.
What will food service be like at Family Camp?
- Danbee Family Camp will offer three meals a day along with two snacks per day.
- Weather permitting, windows will remain open in our Mess Hall
- Outdoor picnic style seating will be offered and encouraged when possible
- Everyone will be required to wash their hands before entering the Mess Hall and additional hand sanitizer will be available at both inside and outside seating areas
- Each family household will have a designated table to use for all meals. Tables will be at least 6 feet between tables from other households
- Meals will be served either Family Style, cafeteria style or boxed to go depending on the meal.
- Special diet and alternative food will be available from kitchen staff members wearing appropriate PPE and practicing safe serving methods
- Our mess hall will be cleaned and disinfected by staff after each use
- Families are welcome to bring their own food and drinks to keep in their cabins for snacks throughout the day. We recommend storing food items in a closed lid bin
- Camp Danbee does not serve any meals that contain nuts. If you plan on bringing food to camp please be mindful that there may be a child, parent or staff member that has a severe allergy to nuts.
What policies and procedures does Danbee have in place to safeguard my family from COVID-19?
- Group Interaction
- Families and/or those sharing a cabin will operate as a “household”.
- Households will function as your “family” for the duration of your stay on camp. No additional guests and/or visitors are permitted on the campgrounds at any time.
- Households will eat together in or outside of the mess hall and live in separate cabins near one another on camp
- Households will participate in activities together.
- When anyone is interacting outside of their household, they will practice social distancing and/or will wear a mask.
- Our staff will constitute as a separate household and practice social distancing and mask-wearing around camp.
- Healthcare, Screening, Cleaning and Sanitization Practices
- Hand washing and/or sanitizing stations will be provided at multiple places throughout camp, including the dining facilities. Campers and staff will engage in proper hygiene to prevent the spread of communicable diseases including:
- Frequent hand washing, including upon entry to buildings and program areas
- Avoiding close contact
- Coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Discouraging the sharing of food, utensils and other personal supplies including toothbrushes etc.
- Camp will follow facilities cleaning procedures that follow CDC recommendations for infection protocols, including:
- Increased frequency of restrooms, dining areas, program facilities & equipment, high touch areas, etc.
- Fans will be provided for each cabin to promote air flow
- Informal health check-ins with our Camp RN
In general, we are asking families to pack as much of their own equipment as possible. Please see our recommended packing list for more details.
Equipment that must be shared around camp will be properly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
When engaged in play, users should avoid touching other users’ equipment.
We want to be at Danbee when our camper’s friends are at Danbee – can we do that?
Certainly! We recommend that you connect with your camper’s camp friends and choose the week that works best for each of your families.
Can we bring our pets?
Sorry, as much as we love animals all pets need to stay at home. We can provide local boarding options upon request.
Do we need to bring our own linens and towels?
Yes, all families need their own linens and towels for family camp. You can find a detailed packing list here. Family Camp Packing List
Is there a place for me to check emails or make a phone call?
Yes, Wifi is available at certain places throughout camp, some spots are better than others. We will provide you with that information upon arrival!
Will my family be able to leave the camp grounds throughout the week?
During your stay at family camp you are free to come and go as you please. We ask that you continue to follow the MA state guidelines as it relates to social distancing. More guidance will be available during your week at Family Camp!
Will alcohol be served?
Alcohol will not be served or provided by the camp. Adults over 21 are welcome to responsibly B.Y.O.B.